Monday, February 16, 2009

Popular

I don't know if you've ever listened to Wicked, but one of the songs in Wicked is "Popular." See, one character is trying to change the other character to make her more 'beautiful' or 'pretty' well, just trying to get her to fit in so they could hang out and she wouldn't be embarassed by her green friend. Now, I hope that if you had any of a childhood, you watched Grease at least once in your life. At the end of Grease, Sandy and Danny switch places in a way. She changes to the hot biker babe and he changes to a jock. But, I believe that no one should change for anyone. And I am glad that God accepts everyone just the way they are. He doesn't care if you are red, yellow or blue; gay, straight or bi; short, tall or somewhere in the middle. He loves us all the same. So, don't change yourself for anyone no matter who it is, because God wants you to be yourself one hundred percent.

5 comments:

  1. you know, i listened to the song "popular" today. haha. coincidence? probably.
    great point, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankfully God is so creative and makes everything glorious! How can one compare the beach to the mountains? All are beautiful and special and fortunately, He's still working on me, refining me, not letting me stay the way I used to be....and being "popular" isn't really the way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is random, but will you comment on my last post? I need advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should listen to "Popular" by the band Nada Surf.

    http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/4/25/2417787/03%20-%20Popular.mp3

    ReplyDelete