Sunday, December 6, 2009

Two poems... READ

FLAMES
The flame catches hold and spreads like wildfire
from person to person and soul to soul.
It comes from no where, catching us off guard.
All we are taught is book and words,
and when the real fight comes, we lack the knowledge
on how to protect ourselves.
The structure crackles and burns in florescent orange,
highlighting our faces with a somber glow,
and we watch our hard work fall through the flames.

HAPPY PAIN
My heart calls quietly for you,
while my mind rushes to conclusions.
How can I force myself to wait
when you're right where I want you?
Right where my heart is complete,
right where my smile is brightened.
Pain crawls from among the haze,
and attacks my happiness, my joy.
Pain cannot affect me, though,
because there is happiness in the pain.
Happiness from where you stand beside me.
This pain can't stop me or stand in my way,
because for once in my life
I know what's worth fighting for:
You

No comments:

Post a Comment