Saturday, April 25, 2009

Poem

The whole world expects.
Expects me to put on a pretty mask,
Expects me to act as if nothing is wrong.
The whole world wishes.
Wishes I could help them.
Wishing things I cannot grant.
The whole world falls on my shoulders.
Fall and crushes me,
Falls and shatters at my feet.
The whole world wants.
Wants me to shine,
Wants me to succeed.
The whole world needs me,
When I need no one.
It always calls when I’m in pain.
The whole world expects me to stay.
Even when I want to walk away.

4 comments:

  1. The first poem is great, other than being a little blatant. I really like the second. I sometimes feel like I'm expected to be more than I feel capable of. I just need some time to step back and see that I'm actually capable of everything that is expected of me and then some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also while I feel a lot of sympathy for the speaker, I can't condone suicide as a means of escaping pain, especially if the speaker is young. He/she should realize that motivation and self-confidence can be found within his/her own self whenever it is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The speaker should have more confidence in the human race. People are people too (hehe). I can't imagine leaving everyone else forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ I agree with Alex. Also, darling, there is hope and you know it. There will come a time when you will realize that if you stand still you'll never move on [duhh? yeah i know, sound dumb, but think about it]. Dwelling in the present is almost as destructive as dwelling in the past. It hurts now, you want to quit now, you want to throw something/scream/punch someone now, but you will not always feel that way. Rollercoaster effect. It goes up, it's sure as heck going to come back down (thank the Lorddd or six flags would really suck; i digress..).


    "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

    ReplyDelete